ZREU is an organisation based in Bavaria
specialising in energy, environmental protection and regional development.
Since its foundation in 1983, the organisation has gained national and
international credit. In 1995, it became the Centre for rational use of energy and environment. ZREU carries out
planning and engineering missions and supervises projects related to energy
saving and renewable energy, in co-operation with Eastern European countries.
- Carrying out
and co-ordination of feasibility and market research studies.
- Elaboration of
- Monitoring of plant operation.
- Evaluation of technologies and projects for the
European Union and participation in European networks (OPET…).
- Organisation of
seminars and conferences.
- Support to
Region of operation and fields of application
. Germany + co-operation with Eastern European countries.
- Resources (wood
waste, energy crops).
gasification and combined heat and power systems.
- Heating plants and
district heating networks.
References and publications
- Wood-fired district heating network in Neualbeureuth,
- Business Guide :
Biomass in Indonesia, 2000.
- Economic and environmental framework for the
production of electricity from energy crops, 1992-95.
- Organisation and publication of the European
Workshop Acts : « Advanced Biomass Technologies
for Heat Production », Marianske Lazne, Czech Republic, 1994 (THERMIE BM 26).
- Organisation and publication of the European Force : “Biomass – The green energy” (THERMIE Programme
- Participation on the publication of the “Wood
Fuel Newsletter” (THERMIE Programme action).
Participation on the elaboration and publication of the study “Biomass tank –
An innovative distribution system” (THERMIE Programme action).