Originally founded to find outlets for poor quality wood, Wood Energy Switzerland received a
boost in 1990 after public disaffection with nuclear and hydro-electric energy.
In collaboration with the Federal Energy Office, which is implementing the
«Swiss Energy» scheme, Wood Energy Switzerland is
in charge of the « Programme for the Promotion of Wood-fuel ». The objective is
to double wood-fuel use within 10 years.
- Mobilisation of resources (interface between supplier and consumer).
- Inventories and technical and economic audits of automatic feeding
- Studies on boiler emissions.
- Promotion of wood-fuel in municipalities.
- Communication i.e. conferences, exhibitions, demonstrations, training
- Management of financial aid for equipment investment.
Region of operation and
fields of application
. Throughout Switzerland.
- Domestic heating.
- District heating.
- Industrial heating plants.
References and publications
- Magazine of Renewable Energies (6 issues per year, 40 pages). Available in German and in French.
- «Report on the Use of Recovered Wood for Energy in Plants from 1 to10
- «Wood Heating, a Modern and Environmentally-sound
- Web site in French : http://www.energie-bois.ch
site in German : http://www.holzenergie.ch
site in Italian : http://www.energia-legno.ch