Joanneum Research is a contract research organisation owned by the Austrian state Styria. One of its institutes specialises in research on
renewable energy, energy conservation and emissions from energy conversion
processes. The institute works in co-operation with industry, government
organisations and service enterprises such as heating plant operators.
- Feasibility studies.
- Energy/environment impact studies.
- Component and furnaces development (reduction
of NOx emissions, flue gas condensation, combustion
control systems etc.).
- Carbon cycle of bioenergy.
Region of operation and
fields of application
. Austria :
- Residential heating.
- District heating.
- Development of small scale combined heat and power units.
. European Union :
- NOx reduction from biomass combustion.
- Carbon balance of bioenergy.
- Bioenergy introduction strategies
. International Energy Agency :
- Small scale power production.
- Greenhouse gas balance of bioenergy.
- Pyrolysis (overall studies).
References and publications
- Proceedings of the EU Biomass Conferences.
- Journal Biomass and Bioenergy.