COWI is a consultancy and design enterprise operating worldwide in the
industrial, building, transport, environmental and energy sectors. Within
wood-fuel COWI deals with energy management, conservation, improvement of
energy, efficiency, combined heat and power systems and other utilization of
renewable energy resources.
- Supply studies.
- Technical and
economic feasibility studies.
- Risk and impact
- Calls for tender
(tender documents, evaluation...).
- Installation of
units and supervision of projects.
maintenance programmes and monitoring of units.
Region of operation and fields of application
- Combined heat and
- Boiler conversion.
References and publications
- Glesborg et Oerum, Denmark, wood heating plants, 1992-93.
- Stadtwerke Rheinsberg, Germany,
heating plant and combined heat and power plant, 1991-94.
heating plant in a wood processing plant, 1995.
- Ethiopia, pellet production from wood waste, World Bank.
- Design of a
carbonising unit (1 tonne/hour), a THERMIE project, 1992-97.
- Design of a 5 MWe multifueled CHP plant in Assens, Denmark, 1997-99.
consultant for a 2 MWe gasifier
based CHP plant in Galten, Denmark,
- Substitution of Fossil Fuels by Wood Waste in
the Wood Industry, Acts of THERMIE Business
Workshop, in co-operation with EC Energy Centre Vilnius and TÜV Rheinland Gruppe, 1995.