for Biomass Technology collects and disseminates technical, environmental
and economic know-how in order to promote the utilization of biomass (primarily
wood and straw) for energy purposes.
The centre was formed as a co-operation between four Danish organisations : dk-TEKNIK ENERGY
& ENVIRONMENT, Danish Technological Institute, Danish Institute of
Agricultural Sciences, Danish Forest and Landscape Research Institute.
The activities of the Centre for Biomass Technology are financed by the
Danish Energy Agency. Secretariat services are provided by dk-TEKNIK.
- Resource studies,
- Technology optimization,
- Environment planning, organization, economic evaluation,
- Assistance in project work,
- Information and advice to project owners.
Region of operation and
fields of operation
- Heat production and distribution (individual
boiler systems, flue gas condensation systems, district heating networks...),
- Combined heat and power plants including gasification (up to 300 MWe).
Publications and references
- Wood for energy production – technology –
environment – economy. Available in Danish, English,
German and Russian.
- Characterization of ashes from biofuels, 1998.
- Facts on
installation, operation and economy of wood-fired district heating plants in Denmark 1993, May
- Danish Bioenergy Solutions – reliable and efficient, June