Carmen is a network of experts co-ordinating the
development and promotion of renewable energy supplies, active mainly in the
Bavarian region. The wood-fuel field accounts for 30% of its activity. Other activities concern fuels for vehicles, straw and future
Wood-fuel expertise and fields of application
- Project management
and financial arrangement of projects.
- Information, public
- Organization of
seminars and symposiums
Region of operation and fields of application
- Wood-fired district heating networks.
- Combined heat and power plants connected to district heating
- Biomass drying (granulated wood, straw, chips...).
References and publications
of the municipal district heating network (forest wood chips and granulated
wood) in Salzburg (1.1 MW).
- “Wood and biomass as a renewable energy
source”, seminar, May 1993.
- Monthly bulletin, Navaros,
on renewable energy.
- Publication of popular leaflets (wood heating, combined heat and